Let’s cook !
For the last lessons of the year, the Terminale CAP AEPE (early childhood) in the private vocational school1 Le Parterre tried to apply British and American pastry2 recipes. Indeed, they had to cook for their final task :
Mmmm Yummy3! For that, they needed to recognize and understand the ingredients, the utensils (bowl, fork) , the orders4 (cut, slice, peel), the measures (Fahrenheit (F°), a teaspoon, a tablespoon).
Not an easy task! Don’t forget that we do not have the same measures in Europe and America. Here some measures to show you the differences :
They perfectly ran5 the project and succeeded!
vocational school1: lycée professionnel
run5 : mener
Exemple de recette que les élèves ont eu :
Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
Cook: 15 mins
Prep: 5 mins Servings: 8
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Step 1: In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Step 2: Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on bothsides and serve hot.